Social Media FAQs
Frequently asked questions
SEO is an abbreviation that stands for Search Engine Optimization. By definition, SEO refers to the processes of improving the quality and increasing quantity of content on your website to get a better rank in search engine results.
Any business or individual that wants to increase their visibility in search engines will need to make their website Search engine optimized. The fact that over 50% of website traffic comes search engines makes SEO one of the most effective strategies for growing website traffic.
Yes, blogging is one of the proven methods that many websites use to improve their rank in search engine results. However, positive results are got when you publish relevant and quality content more frequently. Having an inactive blog or one that doesn’t publish quality content that your audience loves will do little to no impact as far as SEO is concerned.
There is no standard time for this. However, most businesses report having gotten results after 4 to 6 months. This time could be shorter if you go more aggressive or longer if you don’t put in the necessary work. However, the fact remains that SEO is one of the tested ways that many businesses use to get traffic for their websites.
On-page SEO refers to the process of working on the individual pages of your website to make their content rank higher in search engine results. This is done in many ways. Some of these include;
- Ensuring the web pages load quickly
- Optimizing all the web pages for mobile devices
- Improving the quality of content on the pages by adding keywords
- Making sure there are minimal crawling errors.
- Having internal links and quality external links within your content
As far as SEO is concerned, Keywords refer to the search queries that users input into search engines to find whatever they are looking for on the web. So, a website that uses keywords that most users search for will increase its chances of appearing among the first in the search engine results. Having Keywords in your website content is one of the tested ways for getting traffic from search engines.
SEO is a wide topic, and there are lots of things you need to do to make your website SEO friendly. However, some of the most tested ways you can use to grow your traffic through SEO include;
- Making your website responsive and mobile-friendly
- Publish regular content through having a blog where you can write about topics within your industry.
- Use relevant keywords through all your website content.
- Make sure your business is listed on google maps and also claim that listing. This mainly applies to local businesses.
The most important thing about SEO is doing everything that improves the experience of the people using your website.
These refer to links of a particular website appearing in the content of another website. For instance, if someone wants to make their audience get more details about some topic they are trying to explain in a blog post, they may choose to include a link to another website that has more details regarding the particular part of the topic they are trying to explain.
Backlinks are one of the off-page SEO tools that boost the SEO of a website. Whenever someone links your website in their content, you get a positive score as far as search engine rankings are concerned. In the end, this will make your website more. So, in simple terms search engines look at backlinks as a vote of confidence for the website that is being linked.
Search engine optimization has four pillars that include the following;
- Technical SEO: This aspect of SEO looks at the technical aspects of the website that can be improved to boost its visibility in search results. Technical SEO mainly comprises of site crawling and indexing.
- On-page SEO: This bit of SEO focuses on making your web pages more optimized to be crawled and indexed by search engines.
- Off-page SEO: This involves improving your SEO through activities done outside your website. One of the major aspects of off-page SEO is backlinking that involves having your website link included in the content on other websites.
- Content: Everyone doing digital marketing has had of the statement “Content is King.” This statement means having the quality published on a more regular basis is one of the proven ways of getting traffic and conversions for a website.
Organic traffic refers to all the people that visit your website without any aid of paid marketing. For instance, if someone searches for something in a search engine and then choose the link to your website if at all it is among the results, that person is part of your organic traffic. Getting organic traffic is the most sustainable way you can grow your website.
UI stands for User Interface, which refers to the overall layout and outlook of a website. That means a website’s theme, colors, fonts, and style of content are all part of its UI. On the other hand, UX stands for User Experience, which refers to the emotions and attitude one gets when they visit a particular website. The user interface (UI) of a website also has an impact on the website’s User Experience (UX).
The best way to get reviews for your website especially if you are running a local business is by first of all claiming your listing on Google my business. You can then request your previous customers to write positive reviews about your business on Google. However, this will only be possible if your customers are satisfied with your website. There is no substitute for offering quality services to your customers.
So before going out there to look for reviews, make sure all your previous customers are happy with the way you served them. If you ever get one of them complaining, try as much as you can to have their issue resolved.
No, SEO is still one of the most reliable ways of getting people to visit your website, which increases leads and conversions in the long run. The only time SEO will die out is when search engines perish or when people stop depending on them to look for information on the internet. But as long as people still use search engines, SEO will be here to stay.
The website builder you choose to use on your website should depend on the type of website you intend to build. For instance, if you are building an eCommerce site, your work will be easier when you use platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, or BigCommerce. On the other hand, if you are building an information website, blog, or news website, WordPress is always the most obvious choice.
When choosing a website builder, you need to think of things like how much customization you will have to do to put your site up to the standard you need. The less the customization you will have to make, the better. When a builder is made for particular types of websites, you will always find most of the common sections and pages within most themes that you choose.